Beetroot salad with walnuts and garlic has many advantages in comparison with similar dishes. In addition to the useful properties and ease of preparation, this salad is distinguished by its appetizing appearance and the availability of products for cooking at any time of the year. Tastes allow you to combine the product with any side dish and type of meat, use as an independent menu item.
Beets are very useful for digestion. By adding it to your diet, you fill the body with vitamins and get rid of toxins.
The easiest recipe for a salad of beets with garlic and walnuts
Beet salad with garlic and walnuts is prepared in minutes, if the beets themselves are ready. The cooking process in this case consists in the mechanical processing of all the components of the dish - this is approximately 10 minutes.
Important! The main thing is not to overdo it with mayonnaise. Even if the consistency at first glance seems to be dry, it is better to wait a bit. Beet highlight juice.
To carry such a salad to a particular kitchen is hard. Similar analogues are found in Eastern, Russian and Ukrainian cuisine. And even in European cuisine there are salads similar in component composition.Print recipe Salad: beets, garlic, walnuts
|Time for preparing||15 minutes|
- 4 Beets
- 100 g Walnut Kernels
- 1 head of garlic
- Parsley and dill
- Salt pepper
- First, it is processed beets. If it is already boiled, then each vegetable is peeled, and then washed under running water. Put the product on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture. After that, grate the beets on a medium grater, or a large one. Slightly salt and pepper the consistency.
- Peel the garlic and finely chop it with a knife. Another equally effective option is to skip the slices through the crush. You can grate on a fine grater.
- Prepare walnut kernels. The easiest way to grind the product with a blender. If there is no such device, then you can finely chop the core with a knife.
- Pour finely chopped garlic and walnuts in beets. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Greens are chopped and poured into previously mixed products.
- Pour the entire contents with mayonnaise to taste and mix again.
You can present the finished product in different ways. The whole salad is laid out in a deep or flat salad bowl. Can be divided into portions. A remarkable property of the dish is that it holds any shape well, therefore, having shown a little imagination, real “sculptures” are made from food raw materials.
Beet salad with prunes and walnuts
A salad of beets, prunes and walnuts with garlic is a dish that has an original flavor. A mixture of such products is more suitable for people who have a peculiar taste regarding food. But such a salad will become not only delicious food, but also a way to solve problems with the digestive system.
This recipe does not differ in the original way of cooking, but the taste characteristic is suitable for the festive table.Print recipe Salad: beets with prunes and walnuts
|Time for preparing||1 hour|
- 2 Beets
- 50 g Nut Kernels
- 50 g Prunes
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 50 g Mayonnaise
- Wash beets and put in the oven. Here the vegetable is baked at a temperature of 180 degrees for about 40-45 minutes.
- Cool the vegetable and grate a large size.
- Grind nuts with a blender, knife or grater.
- While nuts are crushed, prunes are prepared. Soak the straightened dried plums for five minutes in boiling water. Rinse the prunes under running water, cut into thin strips along the entire dried fruit.
- Stir beets, nuts and prunes. Stir in the ground ingredients and add salt.
- Squeeze the chives into the container with the half-cooked salad and mix again.
- Add mayonnaise last.
Serving can be carried out in the form of a vegetable additive directly in the same plate with a portion of meat or fish.
Summarizing this point, I want to finish by how best to arrange a presentation. Put the salad on a plate and decorate with greens. Remarkably, this variant of salad is combined with meat or fish. The dish has a sweet and sour taste, which is the basis for this kind of dishes.
Original salad dressing
The recipe for a salad of beets, walnuts and garlic can have an original dressing, which will make the salad as healthy and low-calorie as possible. In addition to the above ingredients and ultra-light dressing, an additional product is used, namely canned peas or corn. Especially often it is prepared in summer time because of the simple and light composition. This diet recipe is ideal for those who follow the figure or is on a hospital diet.Print recipe Beet salad with original dressing
|Time for preparing||30 minutes|
- 2 Medium boiled beets
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (or some feathers of young sprout)
- 50g Walnut Kernels
- 5 tbsp. l Mayonnaise
- 400 g Canned peas or corn
- Cold-pressed olive oil (or sunflower unrefined vegetable oil)
- Salt and pepper
- Grate boiled beets on a coarse grater. Put the product aside for a few minutes and then squeeze out all the excess juice, which stood out over time.
- Kernels nuts cut with a knife. The pieces should be small, but not look like a homogeneous paste. Sometimes grinding is done with a mortar.
- If garlic cloves are chosen, they should also be minced with a knife. The pieces should be the same size as the walnut. Feathers are cut into thin strips, on the same principle as the feathers of a young onion.
- Open a can of preserved food and discard the vegetables in a colander to run off extra pickle and juice.
- Pour all prepared ingredients into one container and salt this mass. At the end of the dressing is added, which is determined by taste preferences. You can add olive or sunflower oil.
To prevent the oil from escaping ahead of time, you can fill not all the salad at once, but only the part that will be used at the moment. The rest of the put in a sealed tray. Thus, the dish will always be fresh.
Tip! It is not worth to store the product for longer than 12 hours, as in a closed container the garlic will start to choke. It is better to add garlic and vegetable oil right in the portion.
In the summer, this storage option is most effective, as the beets have a predisposition to rapid weathering.
Beet Cheese Symphony
Salad from beets, walnuts, garlic and cheese refers to dishes with substandard taste. This recipe is most common in the Russian cuisine.
Print recipe Beet-garlic salad with walnuts and cheese
Tip! It is better to use hard cheeses that do not have additional flavoring.
|Time for preparing||15-20 minutes|
- 4 Medium Boiled Beets
- 200 g Hard Cheese
- 0.5 cups Walnut kernels
- 4 tbsp. l Mayonnaise
- Salt and spices
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Peel red vegetable and grate. Salt and drain excess juice, which is subsequently drained from the tank.
- Chop 150 grams of walnuts with a grater. It is better not to use a blender, since the kernels will be ground to a pasty consistency. The remaining 50 grams cut into larger pieces - they will be used as decoration.
- Grate all the cheese on a coarse grater, but only 150 grams are used for mixing, the rest will be used to decorate, just like nuts.
- Squeeze the garlic using a special kitchen fixture - pressure. Mix crushed garlic with mayonnaise.
- Beets are mixed with grated cheese and nuts until smooth.
- Further preparation consists in serving each serving of salad in separate bowls. Each container fits a certain amount of grated beets. On top fit 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise. From the grated cheese is formed cap, which is decorated with chopped nuts. The consumer independently mixes salad in capacity just before the use.
Recipe with a twist
Beetroot salad with raisins, walnuts and garlic is a storehouse of vitamins. This recipe fits perfectly into the winter menu for everyday and festive table. It has many advantages: it is quickly prepared, satisfying, available ingredients are used.
Important! The main thing is that all vegetables are fresh and in no case dry.
Ideal with potatoes, cooked in any form, thanks to a spicy taste and delicate flavor.Print recipe Beet salad with raisins
|Time for preparing||15 minutes|
- 4 Boiled beets
- 200 g Hard Cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt pepper
- 4 tbsp. l Raisin
- 2 tbsp. l Finely ground walnuts
- 4 tbsp. l Low-fat sour cream
- Soak the raisins in hot water. Dried grapes should be well steamed. For this product is enough 5-10 minutes. It is then washed in running water and placed on a paper kitchen towel, which absorbs excess moisture.
- At this time, boiled beets are being prepared - rubbed on a large caliber grater. The mixture is slightly salted. Here you can pour a little pepper.
- Hard boiled eggs are rubbed onto a fine grater. Sometimes diced.
- Separately, but hard cheese is processed on the same grater. You can use a large part of the kitchen device.
- 5. Grate the garlic, a knife and a cutting board are sometimes used - chopping is done. 6. Nuts are already cooked, but if whole kernels are bought, then it is worth chopping the product with a knife. 7. Mix the washed raisins with beets, cheese and nuts. Add spices to taste in the mixture. Put a portion of the mixture in a separate container, and lay out a cap of grated eggs on top, and lay out the sour cream on top. Green can become an additional decoration.
The order of mixing products can be any, from this the taste of the dish will not change. And even more so do not deteriorate. The grated cheese or chopped nuts can serve as a cap. Sour cream itself can be mixed with the bulk of the products.
Summing up, I would like to clarify that this recipe has drawbacks: the finished product is stored for only a few hours. Therefore, it is better to prepare a portion of the dish. If the salad will be consumed in a short time, then you can arrange a presentation in a large salad bowl.