Flaxseed oil, the benefits and dangers of which they say so much, is a fat extract obtained from the seeds of the same-name plant. It contains many components that are vital and beneficial to the human body. The product is used for cosmetic purposes, as well as for healing. However, it is not allowed to take it inside all and not always.
The composition of crude linseed oil
The caloric value of the product is 884 kcal per 100 g. Flax oil contains the following substances and compounds:
- unsaturated fatty acids;
- saturated fatty acids;
Table: substances and compounds in the composition of the oil
100 g of product
|Beta tocopherol||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol)||0.5-1.2 mg|
|Vitamin K (phylloquinone)||9.3 mcg|
|Gamma tocopherol||28.8-52.0 mg|
|Unsaturated fatty acids|
|Linoleic (Omega-3)||53,304-53,4 g|
|Linolenic (Omega-6)||12.701-14.3 g|
|Palmitoleic (Omega-7)||0.1 g|
|Oleic (Omega-9)||18.3-20.198 g|
|Saturated fatty acids|
Useful properties of the product
The main use of flaxseed oil is in the content of phytosterols, beta-carotene, lecithin, as well as omega-3 and omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids, which in this combination are rarely found in products from everyday diet.
Flaxseed extract is taken to improve the general condition and well-being, to restore fat metabolism, to prevent the development of cardiovascular pathologies, as well as diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Thanks to its healing effects on the body:
- walls of vessels become stronger, their elasticity increases;
- reduced risk of stroke and heart attack, hypertension, thrombosis and atherosclerosis;
- leaves extra weight;
- bowel function is restored;
- increase the protective ability of the immune system.
The product serves as a complete source of polyunsaturated fatty acids, therefore:
- normalizes blood pressure;
- restores healthy biochemical composition of blood;
- improves the endocrine system;
- decreases the amount of harmful cholesterol;
- prevents constipation;
- has a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin and hair;
- supports brain activity.
Cold-pressed linseed oil is often compared in utility with olive oil, as well as with fish oil. The product wins not only in terms of the amount of useful acids, but also in their quantity relative to each other.
Analyzing the indicators, it is important to understand that not only the quantitative content of Omega-3 and Omega-6 is important, but also their ratio in the product. The ideal formula is 1:10.
Table: Comparison of Flaxseed Oil, Olive Oil, and Fish Oil
|Name||Omega-3, g||Omega-6, g||Ratio|
Omega-3 and Omega-6
|Cod liver oil||19,7||0,93||1:0,05|
Flax oil is included in face, hair and body care products. The product improves their condition, as well as enhances the effect of the use of shampoos and lotions, creams and masks.
To refresh the skin, return it to youth and beauty, make it elastic and supple, remove fine wrinkles and scars, flax oil is used both in pure form and as an additive. Used for hair, the product gives them shine and silkiness. However, care should be taken not to provoke excessive fat, irritation and dryness of the scalp.
The use of linseed oil in the period of childbearing is an excellent prevention of constipation, varicose veins and blood clots in the legs, as well as the appearance of stretch marks in the thighs and abdomen. In addition, it contains a lot of elements that are useful for the future baby. The most important are polyunsaturated fatty acids, the deficiency of which in the body of a pregnant woman is dangerous for the violation of fetal development of the fetus and its health problems in the future.Flaxseed oil can be applied externally without restrictions.
External use of flaxseed oil at this crucial time has no limitations, except for the propensity to allergies. But in terms of its internal use caution should be exercised.
The extract stimulates the intestinal function, as a result of which it is promptly and easily emptied. However, it also causes a reduction in the muscles of the uterus and can lead to miscarriage in early pregnancy. At the beginning of the third trimester, hypertonus is dangerous due to premature onset of labor. That is why flaxseed oil is better to drink or add to food in the second trimester, as well as at the end of the third, closer to childbirth.
Eat flaxseed oil during breastfeeding should be in minimal quantities, but it is better to completely eliminate it from the diet, because:
- in women who have undergone a cesarean section, it can cause bleeding and increase the healing period of internal sutures;
- phytoestrogens in the composition of the funds affect the hormones. This may create conditions favorable for the onset of a new pregnancy in the first months after delivery;
- after the birth of the child the mother's body is weakened. This also applies to the state of the immune system. Acceptance of flaxseed oil during this period can provoke an abnormal immune response, even in cases where a woman has not previously suffered from allergies.
Linseed oil due to its unique composition has a tonic effect on the male body:
- Linoleic acid improves the passage of nerve impulses, restores the work of the CNS as a whole.
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 stimulate brain activity, increase the speed of reactions, improve memory, as well as hearing and vision.
- Vitamin A fixes blood vessels, protects against the development of myopia.
- Vitamin B4 increases the production of steroid hormones when they are deficient, restores immunity, prevents the development of inflammation in the prostate.
- Vitamin B6 is responsible for the health of the nervous system, urinary organs, and also helps to maintain psycho-emotional balance.
- Vitamin E has an antioxidant effect, stimulates tissue renewal, and thus keeps the body young.
- Vitamin K activates hematopoietic processes.
Against the background of flaxseed oil:
- it is easier to lose extra pounds, and with them - the extra volume of the abdomen;
- healthy erection is restored;
- sperm quality is improved;
- production of the main hormone of men - testosterone increases;
- mood rises.
All this increases the overall tone, as well as the chances of conceiving a healthy baby.
Linseed oil is indicated for men with:
- oligospermia and impotence;
- infertility, weak or short erection;
- prostatitis and decreased sexual desire.
Benefits for children
Kids who are given flaxseed oil grow and develop faster. They have stronger bones, better coordination, more active thinking. Such children are mobile, less sick.
At school age, the product helps to improve memory and promotes concentration. Adolescents relive the time of puberty, and girls suffer less during menstruation days.
Contraindications and harm
Linseed oil is not used for:
- exacerbation of chronic gastritis;
- a tendency to diarrhea caused by bowel disease;
- inflammation, as well as reduced functionality of the pancreas and liver;
- gallstone disease, as the oil has a choleretic effect and can provoke the movement of stones and create a risk of blockage of the excretory ducts;
- kidney stones;
- corneal inflammation;
- lack of blood clotting, as it is likely bleeding.
Flaxseed oil is dangerous to use during therapy:
- Heparin, Ibuprofen and other blood thinners;
- drugs for hypertension, because the product itself helps to reduce blood pressure;
- hormone-containing products;
- antidepressants and antibacterial drugs.
Flax oil is a useful dietary supplement, but its use in the presence of a person of any disease is better to coordinate with your doctor.
How to use cold pressed oil
When buying linseed oil at a pharmacy, you should pay attention to the date of its manufacture. An expired product acquires bitterness, loses its beneficial qualities and becomes carcinogenic. Store the oil in a refrigerator or other dark place at a temperature not higher than 25aboutC, because under the influence of sunlight and heat, it quickly deteriorates and becomes unsuitable for food. For the same reason, it is not used for cooking hot dishes.
Refined flaxseed oil does not happen
It is important to know how to take flaxseed oil, because the benefits and harms of use are due not only to the properties of the product, but also to the state of the body, as well as the nuances of use.
In pure form
For adults, flaxseed oil is recommended to be consumed during meals or added to food 1 tbsp. l twice a day, up to 2 months 1-2 times a year. To eliminate constipation, a single amount of the product is pre-diluted in a glass of water or simply washed down with it.
Oil capsules on the properties is no different from what is sold in bottles. The advantage of the form is that the capsules have a neutral taste. The daily dose for adults is 3 pcs. 2 times a day.Flaxseed oil in capsules does not differ in any way from bottle oil.
In the nutrition of children
Cold pressed linseed oil may be given to children from the age of six months. Because of the specific taste, children will not like it in its pure form, so it is better to spice porridges, soups, juices, cottage cheese, yogurt, mashed potatoes, and wetted bread.
- the first year of life is allowed no more than 15 drops per day, which should be divided into several methods;
- from 1 to 3 years - 0.5 tsp. twice a day;
- from 4 to 7 years - 1 tsp. 2 times a day;
- from 8 to 14 years - 1.5 tsp. 2 times a day.
After 15 years, use the dosage for adults.
The consumption of flaxseed oil with dishes recommended for dietary nutrition gives the effect of rapid saturation and allows you not to overeat.Linseed oil helps keep weight normal
To remove toxins and toxins, to reduce body weight, it is recommended to take the product along with flax seeds. To this end, 1/3 cup of the seeds is ground into flour and oil is added until a homogeneous slurry is obtained. The composition must be eaten in 1 tbsp. l 1-2 times a day. The first results will appear after a week.
For men's health
Begin reception should be with 1 tsp. per day. A week later, the daily amount is increased, gradually bringing to 2 tbsp. l in a day. The healing effect will come sooner and will be more pronounced if you consume a flax product with honey, kefir, other fermented milk drinks, or as a dressing for vegetable salads.
Recipes for the use of the product in cosmetology
There are many recipes based on flaxseed oil.
For face and body
Flaxseed oil relieves inflammation, nourishes, moisturizes, softens, rejuvenates the skin, so cosmetologists recommend using it in home cosmetics.
Ingredients for anti-aging lotion:
- Linseed oil - 1 tbsp. l .;
- Egg yolks - 3 pcs .;
- fat cow cream - 1 tbsp .;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- natural honey - 1 tbsp. l .;
- camphor alcohol - 150 ml.
- Lemon zest to remove, chop in a blender, pour 1 cup boiling water, set aside for 2 hours and then strain.
- Squeeze a lemon, mix its juice with infusion of rind and cream.
- Linseed oil, grind with yolks and honey, add to the mass, mix and pour in alcohol.
This lotion wipe the cleaned face in the morning and in the evening, after shaking it up. Store the tool in the refrigerator for no more than 7 days.At home, you can prepare scrubs, masks, lotions and other cosmetics based on flaxseed oil
Scrub not only cleanses the skin, but also nourishes it. Ingredients:
- flax seed - 1 tbsp. l .;
- exfoliating component - 1 tbsp. l (milled oatmeal or dry grounds from coffee will do);
- flaxseed oil - in the amount necessary for the preparation of gruel.
- Grind the seeds into powder.
- Add the remaining components, mix everything.
- Apply to a moist surface of the face (body), gently massage and leave for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Tightening blue mask
- Take equal parts of flaxseed oil and dry cosmetic clay of blue color.
- Stir, add a little warm water until the consistency of sour cream.
- Apply to the skin of the face (except the area around the eyes), leave for a quarter of an hour, and then rinse.
In addition to use in pure form, you can apply oil in the composition of the masks.
Mask for thin and weak hair
For a mask for thin and weak hair you will need:
- fresh medium-sized cucumber - 1 pc .;
- sour cream 15% and linseed oil - 1 tbsp. l
- Peel the cucumber and finely grate.
- Add sour cream with butter, mix well.
- Apply to dry and clean hair, and after 20 minutes, rinse.
Hair growth masks
Ingredients mask for hair growth:
- small onion - 1 pc .;
- natural bee honey - 2 tbsp. l .;
- Linseed oil - 1 tbsp. l
- Grate the onion.
- Take 2 tbsp. l gruel, add honey and butter, mix until smooth.
- Apply to the scalp, after half an hour, wash off with a nourishing shampoo.
Composition for a healthy shine
The composition for a healthy shine includes:
- 2 tbsp. l glycerol;
- 2 tbsp. l flaxseed oil.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Dip your fingertips and apply the composition on the scalp in the evening with massaging movements. To distribute the rest on hair.
- Wash off in the morning.
To do so recommended 1-2 times a week.
Reviews on the benefits of flaxseed oil
I drink it on an empty stomach with water, at first it was disgusting, now I got used to it, I don’t even feel it, my face became dull, my hair shine with a healthy shine.
complaining about the quality of hair, skin and nails would be worth contacting an endocrinologist and checking the thyroid gland (hormonal profile, plus ultrasound of the thyroid gland or scanning), and at the same time donate blood for sugar. Flaxseed oil is undoubtedly a useful thing, but it is not a panacea for all ills and not a cure. It is only a dietary supplement. It does not hurt you, but it would still be necessary to exclude possible endocrine disorders.
In principle, if there are no special problems, you may not notice the effect. But probably there are no people without problems. The skin becomes exactly more elastic. And the digestive system just works with a bang during the reception.
Flaxseed oil is a valuable plant product. It is taken orally, added to food, used for skin and hair care. To obtain the desired effect, it is important to observe the dosage, as well as take into account contraindications.